Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 22:54:58 +0200

On Fri, 28 May 2004 08:57:43 +0100, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think the problems with MSVC's optimisations is likely due to
> alignment differences in structs we are passing into the library.

Hmm.  I don't think so.  On one hand, we're compiling MSVC builds (opt
or non-opt) with -Zp8; on the other, it'd be weird that an alignment bug
crashed practically *every* graphics lib.

In fact, the crash happens on image_spec_value.  Disabling global
optimizations for the function makes all work fine again.

As a last (ugly) resort, we can put

#ifdef _MSC_VER_
#pragma optimize("g", off)
#endif

just before image_spec_value.  But before resorting to that I'm gonna
try to understand what's happening.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u