Re: The MH-E repository

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: The MH-E repository
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:32:19 -0700

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     If this switch comes to pass, would the Emacs developers mind if I added
>     the following line to CVSROOT/loginfo?
>
>      lisp/mh-e $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv} address@hidden
>
> Would you please explain what this would do?  I don't understand,
> but I can't say yes until I understand.

This loginfo entry calls syncmail on each check-in for the lisp/mh-e
directory. The syncmail script, when run in the CVS loginfo context will
send a diff of each check-in to the given mailing list (mh-e-devel).

To see what this looks like please see:

  https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7414775&forum_id=5136

The DEFAULT entry is used if no others match. For example, the Emacs
project could define:

  DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail -u %{sVv} address@hidden

> If you have given someone write access to MH-E, we can give him
> write access to the Emacs repository.

Thank you. The list of developers that I've given write access to MH-E
can be found at:

  https://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=13357

I've asked the MH-E developers to request Emacs write access on the
Savannah site. I would appreciate it if you gave it to them.

> However, these people should only make changes in MH-E, if they have
> only signed papers for MH-E.

I trust that won't be a problem.

>                              I think we should also ask these people
> to sign papers covering all of Emacs. But we don't have to wait for
> that.

Satyaki, Eric, and Peter: please find instructions to do this at
http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/doc/devguide.html#Prerequisites. Please
substitute Emacs for MH-E.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD