Re: Emacs icons

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:17:26 +0200

* Richard M. Stallman (2005-08-24) writes:

>     Attached you will find two more ideas for an Emacs icon ;-)
>
> The E can be seen.  I don't see anything bad about this, but since I
> am not an expert on icons, I wonder what others think.

Like Frank I think that something like an icon should be designed by
an artist, not by a coder.  One could ask somebody like Jakub Steiner
who made a lot of icons for Gnome and OpenOffice if he would like to
design something for Emacs as well.  I don't know how he deals with
such inquiries, but maybe it will work if the icon can be
designed/used as a replacement for the current Emacs icon in Gnome.
Or he knows somebody who would like to take such an opportunity in
case he is not interested or does not have time.

--
Ralf