Re: Emacs crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:33:09 +0200

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:23:23 +1300
>
> 1) It hangs with some kind of mutex lock which I don't understand with a brief
>    backtrace of three functions in libc, I think.  The only thing I can do,
>    after attaching with GDB, is kill it.

Please show at least that short backtrace.

> 2) A garbage collection related crash where mark_object is called recursively
>    literally thousands of times,

The fact that there are thousands of recursive calls to mark_object is
not in itself a sign of a problem.  It is normal for the mark phase to
be deeply recursive.

etc/DEBUG has some text on how to debug crashes during GC.  Could you
try to use those techniques and see what data structure is corrupted?