Re: Emacs crashes

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:21:20 -0800

On 2006-03-14 21:47, "Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>> Below are all the C-level changes in the past 14 days that are not
>> specific to Windows or MacOS, and that are before the point at which
>> Handa reports his Emacs was compiled.
>
> I had a crash on Mar 6, two on Mar 8, and another on Mar 12.
>
> I don't know if it incidental, but just before the first crash, I had
> put (server-start) into my .emacs and used it via emacsclient in
> connection with some of those crashes.

FWIW,

I've never had a crash after the posix_memalign() fix committed by
Stefan, but I'm using only part of the full feature set of current Emacs
builds.

My current snapshot is compiled with:

   --prefix=/opt/emacs --without-x

and I haven't used (server-start) for a week or so.

Of course this doesn't prove anything.  Just that the crash hasn't
happened with this particular setup... yet.

- Giorgos