Re: Emacs crashes

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:41:05 +0100

> Below are all the C-level changes in the past 14 days that are not
> specific to Windows or MacOS, and that are before the point at which
> Handa reports his Emacs was compiled.  There are not very many of
> them.

Well, I think I have located a probably cause of the crashes
in function extend_face_to_end_of_line, and the way it is used
in redisplay_tool_bar.

My recent changes to the tool-bar display has revealed this error.
I don't know if it can explain other crashes we have seen.

I will install a fix later today.

My humble apologies to Chong Yidong for pointing at his X error patches!
They are probably working just fine.  Sorry!!!