Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:13:18 -0700 (PDT)

>     Emacs warns about some files that are included in Emacs itself, namely
>     table.el
>     allout.el
>     ediff*.el
> This is useful--I presume these bindings are safe,
> so we should define predicates for the variables they bind.
> Would someone like to do that now, and ack?

I'll do this.  But a question, first: the docs for
`enable-local-variables' says (since 1998) that `normal-mode' called
interactively always obeys local variable specifications, when it in fact
only acts as if `enable-local-variables' is t, which obeys only safe
variables automatically.  Should the doc be updated?