Re: cperl-mode instead of perl-mode?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: cperl-mode instead of perl-mode?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:15:11 -0400

    Can we put together a list of features for perl-mode vs. cperl-mode?
    It will let users decide better, and it will tell us whether one or
    the other needs to catch up.

The issue was not really about comparative features, but rather about
comparative painful bugs.  Perl mode does not handle all the
indentation right, and the main advantage of CPerl mode was that it
does (or did) a better job.  That is why we installed CPerl mode and
made it the default.  But it turned out that CPerl mode had some other
painful bugs, and nobody fixed them.

If those bugs have been fixed, and the fixes have been installed,
maybe CPerl mode should be the default again.