Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:15:12 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
> How do you stop a command like `find-grep-dired'? I tried C-g and > M-ESC-ESC but none of them worked. I looked in the menus, but I found > nothing obvious there. (I did this on w32.)
    >
    > Since the buffer fills asynchronously, C-g won't stop it.
    > Killing the buffer should do so.  Does that work?

It does, but suppose you want the information that is already there?
What is the motive for wanting to stop the process?
What harm does it do to let the process keep running?
On a slow computer it takes a lot of CPU and it can take long time.

Does M-x kill-grep kill the process for find-grep-dired?
If not, I think we should make it work.
kill-find does, but kill-grep is not defined after just find-grep-dired.