Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: How to stop find-grep-dired?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:43:35 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Meanwhile, as this is becoming a general convention, we might want to
>> move this off of C-c to some other prefix.  (Not right now.)
>> But is there a suitable place to move it?

I think C-c C-k is quite ok (as a conventional binding in process
buffers).  Contrary to e.g. C-x C-k (which could be used globally),
using the C-c prefix clearly indicates that you must switch to the
relevant process' buffer before you can kill the process.

> I propose C-x since the mnemonic value of the x shape as in "cross it out"
> sounds pretty obvious.

Do you suggest C-x C-k ?

C-x C-k is a prefix for many keyboard macro related commands.

It's been there for a long time now, and to make it useful, it
need to be on a C-x C-<something> key.

What other key do you suggest for this then?

I suggest we leave things where they are (and have been for ages!)