Re: blink-cursor-end sometimes fails and disrupts pre-command-hook

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: blink-cursor-end sometimes fails and disrupts pre-command-hook
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

> (incidentally, did my rant about `backtrace' make sense to anyone, and
> if so, might it be feasible to fix it?  my model is python's exception
> mechanism, which enables you to obtain the backtrace of an error at
> the point that the exception is caught, which is an extremely valuable
> introspection tool for debugging and executive operation...)

If `debug-on-error' is non-nil, Emacs will stop as soon as an error is
signaled, unless a `condition-case' catches it.  Otherwise you get the
complete backtrace.  What more than that do you want?  Are you asking for
some programmatic interface to what would be displayed if you didn't catch
an error?  If it's okay to look at things before an error is signaled, you
might be interested in `backtrace-frame'.

Davis

shipping.