Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 18:41:03 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's get the branch into Savannah and I'll be able to work on my
> confusion more thoroughly.

emacsclient -t does not work for me at all.  Emacs gets started from
the Gnome panel for me (so it likely has some weird or none-functional
controlling tty), and I try emacsclient -t in either an xterm or a
screen session inside of the xterm.

emacsclient -t /etc/fstab
just does nothing at all and quits.  In the screen session, the result
sometimes (but not always) is
*ERROR*: Cannot open termcap database file
before it quits.

Any ideas?  What would constitute a good bug report, and where should
it be sent preferably?