Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: rentey <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:13:07 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
> But if it has come to an angry dispute, and if important contributors
> feel hurt, maybe I should consider the arguments and choose a
> solution, so as to reduce the level of hurt feelings.

I'd like to clarify that actually I don't feel either hurt nor angry.  I
am simply frustrated because I don't think that environments deserve
such a long discussion.  It's such an unimportant issue in practice.

I trust David and the others will be able to continue the argument and
come up with a good implementation without me.  Everybody seems to agree
that at least DISPLAY should remain
[terminal,frame,client,keyboard,*]-local; as long as that's kept, I'll
gladly agree to any solution whatsoever.