Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:55:46 -0400

    An empty string, perhaps.  I severely doubt that most loops through
    process-environment will be prepared to encounter a non-string
    argument (doing string-match on all encountered elements would be sort
    of a natural operation).  An empty string, in contrast, would probably
    not do much harm, I suppose.

If there are many such loops, and changing them would be hard, this
might be an important factor.  Otherwise, we should do the cleanest
thing, and use nil, and change those loops.