Re: 48 line console

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: 48 line console
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:50:33 +0200

() Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
() Fri, 8 Jun 2007 20:59:01 +1200

    > it's a problem until you read vesafb.txt (sorry for the typo
    > above).  have you done that?

   I looked at svga.txt, vesafb.txt seems to say similar things.
   It looks like my monitor doesn't support more than thirty
   lines.  Perhaps you can give me more specific advice (but not
   just "feel the force, Luke"!).

ok how about this: read, understand and try out some of the
settings documented in vesafb.txt.  have you done that?

i don't suggest feeling the force.  instead, i suggest action
(informed experimentation).  if you prefer not to act, i have no
more suggestions.

thi