Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 04:04:37 -0400

    There are cases where starting Emacs with a file name command line argument
    is fully justified: for instance, logging into a remote computer only to
    fix one config file.  Many users preferred using vi for such tasks because
    vi was faster to start.  However, on modern hardware emacs startup time is
    comparable to vi.

When I want to do this, I start Emacs and then visit the file.
What's the advantage of specifying the file name as a command arg?