Re: nXML

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: nXML
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:33:07 -0400

> A couple of basic questions.  Point me to any documentation if it is
> available.

> 1. Is lisp/nxml the right place for it?  nXML is not a small package.
>    If it were, I wouldn't hestitate to put it under lisp/textmodes.
>    Since it is larger, I'm leaning towards creating lisp/nxml and
>    putting it there.

That seems to make sense: it has 25 ELisp files, i.e. comparable to URL.

> 2. Can I keep the directory layout as-is?  In the distribution, there
>    are two subdirectories: char-name and schema.  schema contains a
>    bunch of *.rnc files and one schema.xml file. char-names contains a
>    single directory (unicode) with a number of *.el files.

I think `schema' would fit better in `etc/schema'.

As for `char-names/unicode', that would fit better in `etc/unicode' as well,
but in emacs-unicode we'll probably want to revisit this part because
I suspect that some of that info is already stored elsewhere.  In any case
all those char-name/unicode/*.el files should be auto-generated from
emacs/admin/unidata/Unicode.txt (maybe even on-the-fly ;-).

        Stefan