Re: remember(-diary).el

From: joakim
Subject: Re: remember(-diary).el
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:44:06 +0100

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

Would it be possible for emacs to read its files from some kind of
archive? That way the issue of different filesystems having
substandard support for long filenames wouldnt come up.

To elaborate:
- some systems work this way so there is precedence(javas jar files
for instance)
- the el files are already compressed, so also archiving them in a
archive blob of some form doesnt seem to be so far away
- the archiving system wouldn need to be default, it could be used on
old windoze systems and maybe on embedded systems

This assumes of course that emacs is built on some other os and the
resulting binary delivered to the target system, so maybe the idea
falls apart there, I dont know.

--
Joakim Verona