Re: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; M-( and M-) should not be bound in ESC map
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:58:17 -0400

    > That is true, but it is also true that if we keep reopening questions
    > decided long ago, we will make our lives very difficult and probably
    > make little progress.  We have to leave well enough alone for the old
    > features most of the time, in order to have time to add the
    > new features we know we want.

    I did not keep reopening this.

I didn't say that you did.

                                   I simply submitted a bug report.

Your bug report reopened a question about Emacs's interface that we
decided many years ago.  That one message, reopening one question,
would not be a problem.  But people have tried to reopen many
different questions that were decided long ago, and that adds up to a
big time drain.