Re: Readings for an emacs package maintainer ?

From: Xavier MAILLARD
Subject: Re: Readings for an emacs package maintainer ?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:43:20 +0200

Hi again,

Le Mon, 01 Jun 2009 09:18:35 +0200,
Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a good documentation on best practices for an
> emacs package maintainer.
>
> I want packages I am maintaining to be still supported for old
> emacsen from, say, 19.x to latest possible (including xemacs).

A totally fresh example hitted me earlier today: old-style backquotes.
My package contains lots of them, I can easily rewrite them using the
new style but I have to (I want to) be sure it could work with emacs <
19.29 (or so).

Wrapping something like:

(if (and (> emacs-major-version 19)
         (> emacs-minor-version 29))