Re: line-move-visual

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:56:02 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm missing this vote option:
>   Yes and no.  Either it should be disabled completely, or full
>   visual-line-mode should be enabled by default.  These inconsistencies
>   between visual lines with C-n/C-p and logical lines with C-k/C-e/C-e
>   are the worst-case default.

BTW, I really hope that vote page points to the discussion threads about
this stuff (which discuss, for instance, exactly the above issue...).

Ok, I know even if it does, people won't bother to read anyof it and
will vote with their gut.  Sigh...

The automobile has not merely taken over the street, it has dissolved the
living tissue of the city.  Its appetite for space is absolutely insatiable;
moving and parked, it devours urban land, leaving the buildings as mere
islands of habitable space in a sea of dangerous and ugly traffic.
[James Marston Fitch, New York Times, 1 May 1960]