[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CEDET update
Re: CEDET update
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:13:38 +1200
> > Does it include ECB? I would like to use tree-buffer.el for watch
> > expressions in the GDB Graphical Interface instead of the speedbar.
> > If not, does CEDET have something similar? Otherwise, could we add
> > that to the trunk too? ISTR that, at one time, there was talk about
> > including ECB in Emacs.
> No, ECB is not included. My feeling is that including it right now will
> lead to "indigestion"; CEDET is already a big enough addition. (Adding
> ECB would also require us to get the window grouping interface working.)
You've not answered my question: does CEDET have something similar?
> That reminds me: I haven't replaced "our" Speedbar with CEDET's version.
Which might make it more important for the GDB Graphical Interface not to
use the speedbar.
The file tree-buffer.el is 168k and appears to be self contained. CEDET seems
to be fifty times bigger. As for causing "indigestion", it brings
Mr. Creosote to mind:
"Just one more wafer-thin mint, sir?"
Re: CEDET update, Dan Nicolaescu, 2009/09/22
- CEDET update, Chong Yidong, 2009/09/21
- CEDET update, Nick Roberts, 2009/09/21
- Re: CEDET update, Chong Yidong, 2009/09/21
- Re: CEDET update,
Nick Roberts <=
- Re: CEDET update, Chong Yidong, 2009/09/22
- AW: CEDET update, Berndl, Klaus, 2009/09/23
- AW: CEDET update, Nick Roberts, 2009/09/23
- Re: AW: CEDET update, Chong Yidong, 2009/09/23
- tree-buffer.el [was Re: AW: CEDET update], Glenn Morris, 2009/09/23
- AW: tree-buffer.el [was Re: AW: CEDET update], Berndl, Klaus, 2009/09/24
- Re: CEDET update, Eric M. Ludlam, 2009/09/22