Re: Relationship between 23.1.90 pretest and 23.2 pretest?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Relationship between 23.1.90 pretest and 23.2 pretest?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:52:12 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> A good way to do this would be to just jump to step 3.  Then, whichever
>> time the Savannah admins get around to making the CVS repository
>> read-only, will be the time everyone needs to migrate.  Less
>> co-ordination involved
>
> OK, let's do that.

Agreed!

Shall I file an SR now, asking the admins to make the CVS repository
read-only?  I don't see one already -- but I don't want to step on
anyone's toes if one of you have already put in the request.

I just went through http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs to
test the recipe from absolute scratch.  Even over a wireless modem,
"bzr branch sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk";
took only 52 minutes.  For a one-time transition, that's quite
acceptable IMHO.

I fixed a few out-of-date things in the page.  I think we're good to go
now.  Once the admins have made the CVS repository read-only, we can ask
Andreas for one final conversion.  If there are any bugs remaining in
the workflow, we'll fix them in production.

Yidong is totally right that actually switching over will be what forces
us to get Loggerhead working, get commit-diff emails, bzr+ssh, etc :-).

-Karl "Not waiting at the Miami airport"