Re: delete-selection-mode

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 01:21:27 -0700

On Thu, Mar 18 2010, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I take it for granted that if we enable something like
> delete-selection-mode, we'll only make it do something when the region
> is active, so people who turned t-m-m off will only be affected when
> they do C-u C-x C-x or when they do C-SPC C-SPC to explicitly activate
> the region (or when they select with the mouse).  In this sense, people
> who turned off t-m-m pretty much won't be affected.

        I like the functionality of highlighting the region whenever the
 mark is active -- which is the only reason I have t-m-m turned on. Is
 there another way of achieving that, without having all the highlighted
 region disappearing on me accidentally, as it does now?

        manoj
--
"The Amiga is the only personal computer where you can run a multitasking
operating system and get realtime performance, out of the box."-- Peter da Silva