Re: Current head won't build

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: Current head won't build
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:18:17 -0700

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

Andreas> Since you are unable to answer my question I am unable to
Andreas> answer yours

I believe I was forthright in my answer.  A few days ago, I did a git
checkout of the current HEAD.  It failed to build, even with "make clean
bootstrap".  So I bisected back to the previous day's good build to find
the culprit, and posted that one here.

I then did a "distclean", and even the broken one built OK.  So
therefore, there's something that was introduced recently that required
a distclean when built in a tree containing an older version.

Other than playing back a screen log, how much clearer can I be?

Now, will you please update the INSTALL.BZR doc to mention
"bootstrap-clean", so that nobody else needs to repeat these steps?

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>