Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:04:06 +0800

*On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 17:11:34 -0500
* Also sprach Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:

> People who want to use ODF need to install OpenOffice anyway,
> so I am not sure this is a terrible problem.

Some developers of OO were not happy with Oracle dictatorship, so they
forked out to set up a community driven LibreOffice[1]. Maybe Emacs team
could take a look at this site and decide if they should be mentioned
instead of / alongside OO.

BTW, off the topic, some original MySQL developers felt the same as
LibreOffice developers and created MairaDB[2], a dropin replacement of MySQL.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.libreoffice.org
[2]  http://mariadb.org