Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:34:10 +0900

> On the other hand, to convince the people doing that activity to also
> mention "free software" is an achievement for the movement.

I agree, but it seems a very good idea to be as polite as possible
about these things, as it's very likely they're not making an
intentional decision to omit Free Software.  Saying something like "I
won't answer your survey unless you change it" seems unnecessarily
combative, at least as an initial response.

-Miles

--
Kilt, n. A costume sometimes worn by Scotchmen [sic] in America and Americans
in Scotland.