Re: Emacs in the Cloud

From: Dimitri Fontaine
Subject: Re: Emacs in the Cloud
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:11:38 +0200

Dimitri Fontaine <address@hidden> writes:
> David Engster <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I could not live without terminal-based Emacs (and emacsclient -nw).
>> Well, me neither.
>
> That's why I carefully proposed a new port, not a new Emacs.

Oh, and maybe that project would be an interesting way to test things out:

  https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki

  Emscripten is an LLVM-to-JavaScript compiler. It takes LLVM bitcode
  (which can be generated from C/C++, using llvm-gcc or clang, or any
  other language that can be converted into LLVM) and compiles that into
  JavaScript, which can be run on the web (or anywhere else JavaScript
  can run).

Another approach would be to link against webkit and have it do all the
rendering, I think that's about what TermKit does:

  http://acko.net/blog/on-termkit

Regards,
--
dim