Re: Emacs in the Cloud

From: Julien Danjou
Subject: Re: Emacs in the Cloud
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:41:00 +0200

On Sat, Jul 30 2011, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:

> 1. Are you even tried to do such in real live (tunnel X11 through
> SSH)?  Not in laboratory environment and fast LAN, but in the real
> live, through not so fast channels and with server in a some another
> country?  Hint: I tried and found that 3 seconds for redraw Open File
> dialog is too much for me.

Yes.

Did you read my email? I just said it is possible, not that it is a good
and usable solution.¹

So: did you try to tunnel HTML in real life?
Hint: I'm sure you do it every day.

¹  Note that it would probably a lot more if Emacs and its dependency
   were using X asynchronous with XCB.

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info