Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.90

From: nabil-82
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.90
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:58:54 -0700 (PDT)

"Eli Zaretskii">
> 1, 2, 3, etc. are the so-called "European Numbers", and they are always
> displayed left to right, even in > a right-to-left paragraph.
I have the same "problem" if I use the eastern-arab-digits.

> The reason is the UBA, it mandates this behavior.  I don't read Arabic
> (unfortunately), so I cannot comment on how this behavior fits or
> doesn't fit the accepted practice.

You have the same behavior by hebrew.
 If you have "12" at the begin of a line in a hebrew paragraph. So you SEE
the '2' is first symbol on the right and you're writing from right 2 left:
so it should be the first symbol - but it isn't, it's the second. And moving
the cursor is confusing. It makes the jumps by the begin and end of every
number.