Re: NaCl support for Emacs

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: NaCl support for Emacs
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 01:57:15 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Why not libnettle?  We already use it, albeit indirectly, because
> latest versions of GnuTLS depend on it.

The libnettle interface functions look sensible (from a very quick
perusal of the examples):

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/nettle/nettle.html#Example

So adding built-in support for encryption via libnettle in Emacs looks
pretty sensible, I think.

libnettle also does digests, which we already have via the secure_hash
function/gnulib.  Would it make long-term sense to make libnettle a
prerequisite and drop all the gnulib digest code from the tree?