list-packages: Marking packages as "uninteresting"?

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: list-packages: Marking packages as "uninteresting"?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 01:00:32 -0700

Enabling users to add a tag would be the most flexible approach.

I am not a huge fan of categorization as a solution to all evils,
because it's basically a case of shoving things into drawers --
and then later not knowing what drawer you stuck it into. Emacs
with  incremental seach makes such things unnecessary:-) So if we
do categorize and collapse things based on catagorization, let's
implement that using invisibility specs since that works with
isearch --- so I wouldn't need to know if you stuck say
"org-mode" in the authoring drawer or the "gtd" drawer or
whatever, I'd just isearch for org and get it.