[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RefTeX Merge
Re: RefTeX Merge
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 22:46:04 +0200
* Chong Yidong (2012-09-26) writes:
> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>> If the log can take such amount of data, then I would be fine with it.
>> And besides that I'd prepare a shorter entry for the ChangeLog file.
> From my estimation, once you take out entries for Makefile changes,
> releases, and synchs to Emacs, the ChangeLog is about 400 lines, which
> is manageable. So I think we can put it in the commit log.
It got about 100 lines more. I hope this is not a problem. At least
bzr didn't barf.
> In the version to be added to the ChangeLog file, you can collate the
> changes to each file, which should shorten the entry significantly.
> Still, I think a ChangeLog entry of ~100 lines is acceptable.
In the ChangeLog about 140 lines ended up. Again, I hope this is okay.
If necessary I can try to shave of a few.
> Let's not play with bzr join. We've had bad experiences with that on
> the elpa branch.
> I suggest just patching the affected files manually, then committing as
> though you had made the changes in one shot. Just be sure not to
> inadvertently change the headers (e.g. "This file is part of GNU Emacs")
> and so forth.
I've made some experiments with `bzr join' and I haven't really had
success. That's why I committed the changes as suggested above.
Thanks a lot to the people commenting on the topic for all the hints and
Re: RefTeX Merge, Glenn Morris, 2012/09/23
Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, (continued)
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Chong Yidong, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Richard Stallman, 2012/09/24
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Tassilo Horn, 2012/09/25
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Ralf Angeli, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Tassilo Horn, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Stephen J. Turnbull, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Stefan Monnier, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge, Chong Yidong, 2012/09/26
- Subdirectories in `lisp', Stefan Monnier, 2012/09/26
- Re: RefTeX Merge,
Ralf Angeli <=