Re: Abolishing ChangeLog files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Abolishing ChangeLog files
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:58:48 -0400

Emacs ChangeLog files are not redundant with VC change records.
We put different information in them.  At least, I do.
In the ChangeLog files I put lists of functions changed and how.
In the bzr log entry I explain the overall purpose of the change.

There are various good ways to store the important change information,
but this has been discussed before.  Let's not repeat.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation