Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 10:04:53 +0530

For emphasis (and for the last time), I will pitch for micro-init
suggestion [1, 2].

Your objections seem to fall under

1. Not appropriate for all
   - In the face for me etc.

2. Not widely usable
   - Not now, may be in future
   - buggy
   - problematic under certain scenarios

These are in "conflict" with the popularity of the options.

My micro-init suggestion deals with the above problem by

1. Segmenting the users AND packages in to classes

2. Shifts the responsibility and blame to users themselves.  Because
   they asked for these packages to be enabled.

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-12/msg00093.html

Bingo! 100% satisfied customers.

Here is how I see the above problems handled with micro-packages:

1. common.el

   (fset 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p)

2. winnt-users.el

    cua-mode