Re: trunk r115926: In preparation for the move to git, sanitize out some

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: trunk r115926: In preparation for the move to git, sanitize out some Bazaar-specific names.
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 01:10:43 +0100

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:

> That name was hardly going to serve well once we moved to Git, was it?

I think it's safe to assume most of us didn't expect a switch to Git
for many years to come.

Anyway, it's irrelevant whether it would serve me well at some point
in the future; when I used it, that's what the variable was named. :-)

> I don't know how to create an obsolete alias.  Can you point me at
> an example to emulate?

(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'emacs-bzr-version
'emacs-repository-version "24.4")

HTH,