Re: cl-defgeneric vs random funcall in project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: cl-defgeneric vs random funcall in project.el
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 22:55:11 +0300

On 08/10/2015 10:47 PM, João Távora wrote:

I'm not expecting you to develop it but perhaps in the future there will be a
project.el-based backend that, instead if looking up the tree for the
.git dir, looks for Makefiles.

Sounds good. That's close to what I meant as well, hence "someone will have to write another backend" in the original message.

If "project target" is a concept ever added
to  project.el (not saying it should, but it could),

I think it should, together with a tool or two that use it.