Re: Freeze is almost here

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Freeze is almost here
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:01:00 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:42:18 +0100
>
> Well, I think everyone agrees that we cannot merge 'master' into
> 'emacs-25' as soon as we have commits 'master' that introduce new
> features.

Yes, and I thought this rule starts as soon as emacs-25 branch was
cut.

> Didn't we have an 'announce' list for things like that?

Not a list, a keyword:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-10/msg00062.html

AFAIU, this means the message should have a "Keywords: emacs-announce"
header, or have a "Keywords: emacs-announce" line in the first 5 lines
of its body.  Then list subscribers who specified they only want to
get messages for that topic will receive such a message.