Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:58:25 +0200

Hi Rasmus and Michael,

I am in favor of leaving tests aside for this sync.

Since the exact same Org version that resides in Emacs is already
tested from Org's repository, I do not see what is the additional
value of having Org tests in Emacs.

Except for when an Emacs contributor commits a change in Emacs
lisp/org/, but we explicitely discourage this and this does not
happen often.

In the long term, when Org's core will be completely merged into
Emacs and when Org's development will happen there only, we would
need to migrate the numerous tests, for sure.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien