Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Commit 49c0ff2 "Don't bind org-agenda .."
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:57:46 +0200

Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Rasmus,

> I started doing it, but got distracted with trying to make the org unit
> tests and the Emacs unit tests work together.  ATM I’m rather busy.  If
> someone wants to do this sync up feel free.  Maybe for now we can leave
> out the unit tests?

Maybe we could sync the org unit tests to Emacs, but disable them for
the time being in the Makefile? This would give Emacs developers the
chance to work on them case by case, in order to enable them in the
Emacs environment.

As a starter, all org unit tests could carry

:tags '(:org :not-synced)

in the ert-deftest heading. This allows a simple Makefile rule to filter
them out by suppressing tests with the tag :not-synced. Test cases,
which work in the Emacs environment, will loose the :not-synced tag.

Later on, the :expensive-test tag could be added to the heading of, hmm,
expensive org unit tests.

All of this does not matter in the org environment, which does not care
the ert tags yet.

Background: a while ago, I've started to migrate org tests into the
Emacs environment. It wasn't straight forward, and due to other
priorities I've stopped it. But if org tests would be in the Emacs
environment, I could restart my work (or any other Emacs developer), and
we could enable test by test via proper ert tags. This might work better
than an all-or-nothing approach.

> Rasmus

Best regards, Michael.