Re: Native display of line numbers, improved

From: Alex
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers, improved
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 14:30:11 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Firstly, thanks for working on this.

If I may, I have a couple of feature requests:

1. An option to never dynamically shrink 'display-line-number-width'
   while still dynamically growing. I dislike having column 0 constantly
   changing, so an option to only grow the width dynamically like in
   (n)linum would be very appreciated.

2. Building off of the above, it would be nice if there was an option to
   calculate the minimum line number width of a buffer when visiting it,
   like in linum.

The 2nd one I believe I could accomplish with some Lisp code, but I was
thinking that it might be more efficient/convenient if this could be
implemented in the core.