Re: package.el strings

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: package.el strings
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 08:46:06 +0900

On Apr 29, 2018, at 7:11, Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> wrote:

I meant just the outer (format "%s%s%s%s" ...) vs (concat ...).  Is that
also needed to make strings localizable?  If yes, I think adding a
comment would be helpful, because it looks a bit unnatural to me.

Oh, you mean (format "%s%s%s%s" ...) vs an eventual (concat "%s%s%s%s" ...) ?

Sorry, I was trying to elide the the less relevant parts, but I see it's
making things less understandable.  Let me just spell it out in full:

Thank you. I see what you mean and that makes perfect sense. Give me a few days.

It there a length limit in emacs code ?

Um, I thought there was a convention of generally trying to keep things
within 80 columns, but now I can't find anything saying that.  I may
have just been thinking of other non-Emacs projects.

But I seem to remember something similar too. Wasn't it in the documentation strings ? Or the commit messages ?

Jean-Christophe Helary
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune