Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9dd95bf: * lisp/emacs-lisp/pcase.el (pcase--u1)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 9dd95bf: * lisp/emacs-lisp/pcase.el (pcase--u1): Fix bignums
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:17:33 -0400

> Stefan, this change needs a suitable change in the docs (both the doc
> string and the ELisp manual): they still claim integers are compared
> using 'equal', which AFAIU is now inaccurate.

AFAIK using `eql` gives the same result as comparing with `equal`:
It's just an internal optimization that is transparent to the user.

So, just like we did not document the fact that integers (and symbols)
where actually compared with `eq`, there's no need to document that they
are now compared with `eql`: the intended semantics is to give the same
result as when comparing with `equal` so that's what we document.

The patch simply fixes the (unlikely but possible now) case where the
pattern is an integer that's not a fixnum.

        Stefan