Re: face-remapping-alist can not override internal-border face?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: face-remapping-alist can not override internal-border face?
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:35:53 +0100

> Buffer-local variables that determine frame-global behavior are a bad
> idea.

Yes.  I would use the term "frame-local" here.  Framewise
specification should be done with frame parameters.

> Don't be surprised if you will see the face change unexpectedly
> because some other buffer happened to be the current buffer when the
> border was redrawn.

Buffer-local values should be used for buffers and windows only.  As
for the latter, window parameters are useful when specifying something
that should survive showing another buffer in that window.

martin