Re: face-remapping-alist can not override internal-border face?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: face-remapping-alist can not override internal-border face?
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 19:16:36 +0200

> Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 00:19:56 +0800 (CST)
> From: tumashu  <address@hidden>
> Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
>
> Sorry, I do not understand this,  does this mean: test is inherited to
> default face,
> so internal-border is remapped to default instead of test? but the below code
> seem to not work too:
>
> (defface test
>   '((:background "green"))
>   "Face used by the ivy-posframe."
>   :group 'ivy-posframe)
>
> (setq face-remapping-alist '((internal-border . test)))
>
> (make-frame '((internal-border-width . 100)))

You are right.  I see that when we draw the border, we don't consult
face-remapping-alist.  But I'm not sure we should, because
face-remapping-alist can be buffer-local (and makes most sense when
it's buffer-local), whereas the internal-border face affects the
entire frame.

So maybe instead tell why you wanted to use face-remapping-alist
instead of simply changing the face's attributes?