Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Tadeus Prastowo
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 14:14:03 +0100

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 1:54 PM Philippe Vaucher
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Now, the Emacs model is similar to the linux kernel dev & the git dev
> workflow, so obviously "it works fine" and has advantages too, but personally
> I think those are outweighted by the the disadvantages (or rather than the
> contribution experience is much nicer with gitlab).

IMO, I feel more comfortable with the current Emacs model because I
see less noise in the interface.  Furthermore, the current model
allows me to do my own way of automation against a stable simple
interface (plain-text e-mails and textual command lines have been
around for a long time).  This may not be welcoming to newcomers, but
I once was a newcomer in the Linux kernel dev but found nothing so
difficult about it.

--
Best regards,
Tadeus