Re: Comprehensive JSX support in Emacs

From: Jackson Ray Hamilton
Subject: Re: Comprehensive JSX support in Emacs
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 16:19:34 -0700

I pushed a few changes (“Optimize js-jsx--matching-close-tag-pos”, “Optimize js-jsx--enclosing-tag-pos”) which made a big difference in performance.

I was running a function thousands of extra times redundantly. ELP showed that by caching the results, I was able to cut the average waiting time immediately after editing a line by 80%. This made editing some code noticeably more bearable.

There might be some better algorithms that can improve the performance even more, but it should be good enough (especially for non-monolithic, well-modularized code) to no longer be a limiting factor for merging it.

Jackson