Re: New rx implementation with extension constructs

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: New rx implementation with extension constructs
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 13:17:13 +0200

5 sep. 2019 kl. 12.56 skrev Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden>:

> Is this fully compatible with rx?

Yes, that is the intention. If you find an incompatibility, please report it.
The compatibility includes the old `rx-constituents'  variable for extensions,
which is used by python-mode.

The new implementation is slightly more general where this made sense. For
instance, several forms that require at least one argument in current rx can be
used with zero args in the new code. (This includes the `rx' macro itself.)

Other than that, and the new extension mechanism, I've resisted the temptation
to add features, but I have a list of things that would be useful to put in
later on.