Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:01:54 -0400

>> That's right: it wouldn't be 100% reliable.  I don't think we want to go
>> that way.
> That would be for one application, not for the general facility, but I'm not
> in a hurry to implement that, of course.

Good, because this kind of code is better kept away from Emacs.

The experience with file-notifications in auto-revert mode has been
pretty poor, AFAIC: the implementation is fairly complex/fiddly, and the
user-level behavior is only sometimes better (I often see the delay that
comes from polling).

        Stefan