Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 18:59:08 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 11:01:54 -0400
>
> The experience with file-notifications in auto-revert mode has been
> pretty poor

Did you see a better experience in any other application?  All I hear
is negative experience; e.g., LSP developers frequently advise their
users on Reddit to turn notifications off.

Which leads me to a personal conclusion that using these interfaces in
Emacs is a largely failed experiment: a feature in which we invested
(and still are investing) a lot of effort, but whose ROI is rather low
and disappointing.  Makes me wish we had the wisdom to say no thanks
when the feature was first proposed.